2007年7月11日 星期三

Farewell to Dusan




Dusan was my partner in my previous job. We were building one of the new MRT systems in Taipei. Dusan was representing the engineering side while I was representing the procurement side to deal with the same subcontractor together.


 


Dusan is a very expreienced engineer with the sound knowledge in the technical field as well as the well management skill. That is why he is playing a key role in our project. It must be a big loss to the project with his leaving but I would be glad for him that he could have his new development in his career.


 


When I joined that project in early 2004, Dusan occupied the cubic next to mine at the first few days. At that time he is still a visitor supporting from overseas with the frequent trips to Taiwan. I remenbered one of our earliest conversation was his interest to learn the Chinese. He was born in Czech Republic and settled to French Canada later. He told me that one morning he woke up and realized he could understand the French suddenly. He could understand the French word by word which was speaking in the TV and the movie in a sudden over the night. He must look for the miracle to learn Chinese in this way. There are still two nights before his leaving. I don't know if he prays such a miracle to happen.


 


Besides trying to get used to the local language, culture and life, Dusan is also interested in the outdoor activities. He likes the mountain climbing and doing the physical excercise. You won't believe that he still participates the marathon in Taiwan from time to time at the age of being a grandpa. He also joined the company drangon boat team in 2006 as shown in the below photo.


 



 


Our first son, David (子安) was delivered one month after I joined the project. According to the local customs, I treated all the colleagues with the oiled rice and the red eggs at the full month birthday of David. Dusan printed out my son's photo and wrote down his blessing as below.


 



 


I am sorry that I left the project earlier than he and could not work with him for a longer period. We talked pleasantly for a while in May when I returned to the office in one late evening to take the insuance record from the other colleague for the tax deduction. I could sense that his jobs were not easy at that moment. Thus I should be happy for him to have a new job but it is still a pity to see his leaving Taiwan.


 


Best wishes to Dusan. Take care and enjoy your life as usual no matter where you are.


沒有留言:

張貼留言